Shorter Days and Keeping Healthy
Posted on 16th November 2022 at 13:17
The clocks have gone back, the days are getting shorter, and winter is officially here.
But how can we stay healthy when it’s getting colder and darker outside?
Below are some tips for keeping healthy with the children this winter.
1. Get some fresh air during the day - Go for a walk, do some exploring to make things fun. Collect leaves or write down a list of trees or plants to search for.
2. Stay warm - Invest in some extra blankets and warm clothes and snuggle up together in the evening.
3. Enjoy winter seasonal vegetables and fruit - make the most of what this season has to offer with some, healthy, hearty meals.
4. Drink water - Getting enough water every day is important for your health.
5. Boost your mood – do something you all enjoy such as arts and crafts, watching a movie or playing a game. Or why not go out and meet with friends and family and plan something fun.
6. Exercise – walk, dance, skip, jump.... make exercise fun for your child and benefit from it at the same time.
7. Keep your immune system well - Get enough sleep, maintain a healthy diet, manage stress, exercise, make time to laugh and emphasise hand washing. This can help reduce your child's risk of getting colds, flu, and other infections.
We hope this blog has helped inspire you to stay healthy during the winter. There are plenty of things you can do to stay healthy this winter that your children will enjoy and benefit from too.
Share this post: